Monday 23 May 2011

Going Back to School.... at 43!

Tommorow morning I go back to school for the first time in nearly 26 years.  I'm wondering how it will go.  Will the children like me?  Will the teachers like me?  What will the school dinners be like?  Will anybody talk to me at playtime?  Will I be so absorbed that the day will fly by, or will I be itching for the end of school bell to ring?  (That's assuming schools still use bells in this modern age.  Perhaps they use digital ones)

Life as a Student Minister can be challenging.  Tommorrow morning myself and two other Student Ministers are going into a Junior School for the first day of a three day placement.  We are there not as evangelists or pioneers but to experience modern school life; to observe what goes on and to serve in whatever way the school wants us to - if they want us to do anything at all.  On Wednesday I have to take a school assembly, something I've never done before but may have to do a lot of in the not so distant future.  I'm excited by the prospect but also a little nervous.  I know that I can't do it on my own and pray that God will be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment