Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding

Like a lot of people in this country right now I'm sitting in front of the TV watching the Royal Wedding coverage.  I'm not particularly nationalistic as a rule, seeing myself very much as a citizen of the Kingdom of God; but watching most of the service and the parade back to Buckingham Palace I am filled with a certain British pride.  We do pagentary awfully well and it gives one a good feeling to join in the celebrations in some small way.

I didn't get to see the whole service as I was meeting somebody starting training as a Student Presbyter in October to try to answer some of her questions about training at Wesley Study Centre in Durham; but I did catch the Bishop of London's sermon and then the rest of the service.  I though the sermon was a good one and his suggestion that God needs to be at the centre of any marriage was very powerful; a nice piece of witness to the millions watching the service all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment